Thursday, January 28, 2016

Teamwork


Jeremy and I are a team.  So today, when he came back home...happy to have passed his test.  I felt a sense of accomplishment as well.  We are a team.  And at time time I took my test, and failed I didn't understand perhaps there was more to a story.  Perhaps if I was too much invested with my own career I wouldn't be able to help Jeremy in the little ways that I do.  He recognizes my support.  I don't expect someone to understand this.  People are different on how they do many things. Marriages. Careers. Reactions. Feelings...You name.  We all have different perspectives.  For me, however.  I am such a vocal and outspoken woman that you don't expect a sense of submission from me.  Yet, I readily do that for my husband. Hes's earned it.  He's earned it because the relationship we have invested in each other.  Our marriage is an investment.  That sounds so unromantic.  But it also helps on the intellectual side of what we do.  Yes. We are in love with each other.  But being in love with someone doesn't negate a healthy relationship.  It's compromise.  It's putting the work in.  It's effort.  It's support.  It's sometimes putting the needs of others before your own, knowing that they would do the same for you.  It's meaning what you say.  It's being truthful, nah...even candid with each other on many subjects.  It's being authentic.  We don't have the secret to success on a marriage.  We still figure this out day by day.  But each day is another opportunity to show each other how valuable we are to each other. Every day is an opportunity to grow together as a couple....and as best friends.  Teamwork, laughter, candor, and consistency might be the only things I can tell you that I have learned on my journey that makes a marriage work.  At least my marriage.  See what makes your relationships...and friendships work.  Walk in sparkle and shine, my quiet spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment