Monday, June 13, 2016

Kindness


I am trying to wrap myself around why it takes so much difficulty to be kind sometimes.  Why does someone have to spew hate? Why does someone hurt others because they are different from them or because they don't have the same values or don't agree with you? Why does someone be rude to someone helping them? Have we become such a jaded society? Are we a grumpy society? I get that maybe things are bothering someone.  I get that life may not be as ideal as one would want.  I get that sometimes things or people make you cringe.  But I don't understand, for the life of me, of why you would intentionally hurt someone? I don't understand.  Kindness.  I had two extremes of cruelty fall into my thoughts today.  One was the mass shooting that happened.  Already, it has turned into a political thing.  Is it a hate crime? Is it terrorism? Is it religious hate crime? The truth is, it's a tragedy, no matter what happens.  The other was having a friend,sick and still having to go work.  We're not all blessed with having jobs that allow us such luxury.  Most struggle with balancing home life and work life.  And if they are sick...well...great.  And they got rudeness.  You don't know what kind of impact you make on a person, especially the negative.  I do my best not to spill my upset on someone.  When I have, I actually have apologized to someone for possible snippy.  These days it is few and far between.  But it does happen, from time to time.  And when I do, it is a most beautiful interaction.  I have gotten thank yous.  I can handle oversight.  I can handle mistakes.  I can't handle rudeness.  And I can't handle inconsiderateness.  I try to be aware of my environment.  I try to be aware of my actions on how they will affect others.  I do consider if my actions infringe on others.  I'm not an angel.  I make plenty of mistakes.  But I think something that people appreciate of me is my self awareness.  So...Kindness....take a deep breathe.  And cut someone some slack.  There is a finesse on getting things done. They don't need yelling.  They don't need humiliation.

No comments:

Post a Comment