Thursday, June 9, 2016

To do this


Today, before orientation started, I just took in a moment.  I was letting it sink in that I was going back to work.  My job is companionship.  I kind of look at it as being a professional friend for the elderly.  I did this for two years as a volunteer.  And was somewhat like this with my grandmother and grandfather in law before they passed.  It even helps having my background in psychology.  I'm just a good fit for this.  So whether it's 4 hours or 30, The hours don't matter to me.  I can't quite do 40 yet.  I am working up to that. I get to wear scrubs! It's just the ability to still have my life as a housewife which I like maintaining for Jeremy.  However, it's having this independence again that makes me happy.  It's the principle of it all.  Jeremy is excited for me too.  He knows by my many talks and frustrations that I have been desperately wanting to work.  I was scheduled for tomorrow but things changed.  And that is the other thing I am well..flexible about.  I have a more flexible schedule.  So I am happy on whatever I get.  I went and got a lanyard.  I was beaming from ear to ear, strutting in my scrubs.  I don't care how goofy I look.  I am proud to see I work again.  That just means the world to me.  I try my very best to control my Epilepsy, and the past few months have been great! I've had a few hiccups.  But otherwise, it's been rather uneventful when it comes to affecting my health.  And that's important to me.  It will be interesting to see what the job does.  But I believe I can handle it.  I also redid my hair so it looks more professional.  It's not quite to my original hair color.  It has a dark redpurple hint of color to it.  I like it.  And with my new tan! Now that my sunburn has calmed down.  Sunburn? I am still wrapping myself around that one.  Back to the job. To do this, signifies a part of my life that I had missed.  And noone but myself could get it back.  And I got it back.  I lost my confidence.  And then that Tuesday...something happened.  For all the times I had lost my confidence or was insecure...for all the girls that can't face their dragon...Here I was.  And suddenly, my confidence was there.
Oh yeah.

I get to wear scrubs!

I love it!!!

I had to share this lol

No comments:

Post a Comment