Monday, November 2, 2015

A positive out of a negative


Sometimes these "Facebook Memories" posts can be heartbreaking.  They remind me of the friendship I lost and how much I miss that friendship.  But, they also remind me of how much better off I am in my life not to have that friendship.

I have to look at those words.  You never know if a post is directed or you or not.  But since I lost my friendship with the person who wrote this and I happen to look at my own memories of today from years past...I can guess that the post is about me.  It is what it is.  I hurt.  But she's right.  It does remind me how much better off I am in my life not to have that friendship.  It's just where we are.  I felt like I got punched.  But there's a positive out of a negative.  My chapter without this person.  I had been mostly living life without daily contact.  Her letting go of me made it easier to let go.  I don't want to.  But when you know that a friendship is bad for your health...it's time to let go.  The positive out of the negative is waking up to give affirmations to people who love and accept me.  See, I understand an argument presented in our conversation.  Actions speak louder than words.  They felt like they had been doing the actions.  The odd part was I changed my personality for this person.  I "catered" to their insecurities.  I did multiple things to make them feel comfortable and it wasn't enough.  So I felt like I wasn't enough.  So as they were saying I don't do enough actions.  My words don't match my actions. And then a phone call from one of my best friends just put me in a great mood.  Ah.  My tribe members.  We were talking about above situation and baseline bitch and reactive bitch.  I would be the latter.  I feel so much better.  I have to go through the emotions of it.  I recognized some of these are actually angersad feelings.  I resent this friendship.  Boom. Epiphany.  I resent this friendship.  Moving on.  Because that's what I must do.  As they say.  I am much better off in my life not having this friendship.
The positive out of the negative, it was pointed out, shows the character of the other person...not me.  Interesting point.  I hope I got that sentiment right.

No comments:

Post a Comment