Thursday, November 12, 2015

Training my brain


It's an odd concept, really.  But sometimes I do it because it's in my best interest.  Like food.  I train my brain now to to like certain things. Except bacon.  You can't take Bacon from me!!! Why do I do that? Because the thing that I might want most, like velvet cheesecake may be the worst thing for me to have. It might not seem like it but I'll lose.  That's what my strategy is. It's like chess or something.  Sometimes I don't see good outcomes but I do them anyways because I can handle the consequences.  Other times I steer well away because that's the best option.  I love Velvet cheesecake.  But I am starting to think the dessert is not in my dancing card to eat.  And that's okay.  That's the nice thing about training my brain.  Velvet cheesecake is something I need to hold off until I have worked on my health routine and worked out more.  Healthiness needs to be in place before I sample the cheese cake again.  I can just hear my husband telling me I'm silly.  I love that man.  He knows the best and worst version of me and still loves all elements.  I couldn't imagine being married to anyone but him.  I really did marry my dream guy.  But I'm no slouch myself.  Jeremy knows what he has in me. He feels rather lucky to have me too.  It's nice to hear him finally say it.  I know that Jeremy felt that but I needed to hear it.  Sometimes I need to hear it so I don't think I'm putting things in my head.  I still doubt myself in that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment