Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Clarification is a wonderful thing


Clarification is a wonderful thing to me.  So many times, myself included, have mistaken a gesture, sentence, or something and interpreting it incorrectly. There is also clarification on requests It's been a new concept for me to voice certain things.  Sometimes it is a bother.  Other times, it is about wanting something.  There is a possibility a person may still decline what you request.  However, at least they know what you want or need. They aren't mind readers.  And for so long, I discredited that anyone would bother with my requests or that I was asking too much from a person.  Now, I leave that up to them.  I deprive a person who does love me to do something for me.  Likewise, if a person does ask for something I want to know that so that I can oblige the request.  I am an accommodating person.  It's a choice I make.  And when I love someone, whether friend or love...it's what I do.  Although, I am so stubborn anyways, some people just get my bullish need to care for them and their well being.  And I don't really give them the choice on the matter.  So, clarification is a good way to be sure on what message you are receiving.  That way nothing gets lost in translation or communication is blurred.  It's just a thought for today.  A recent conversation inspired these thoughts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment