Monday, November 16, 2015

Experiences in growth


This weekend was epic, especially in the way of experiences.  Jeremy and I went to Wurstfest with a couple of friends but more on the guise of helping to distract a friend from some stuff he was going through.  I fell in love with my husband all over again watching him do like I do, help a friend.  Be there for a friend.  He was my partner in crime.  He's my rock.  I am so forthcoming with Jeremy he knows pretty much everything about me.  I tell him everything.  I don't hide from him.  That might scare some men.  Instead, Jeremy can be my best friend and my husband.  We saw each other with different eyes this weekend.  And there we were, having an adventure in insane parking, rude people not saying excuse, me with 5 five beers and singing to "New York". Yes, Jazz hands and all.  Let that sink in.  He also is my rock in preventing me from doing foolish things.  He protects me.  All this time...Jeremy has been loving me by quietly protecting his treasure, me.  That's kind of an overwhelming feeling.  That was also part of the experience inside.  Taking the emotions of everything in.  The good, the bad, and any other stuff that quietly made its way through our insane lives.  At the end of it, Jeremy has been here to catch me.  And before, I couldn't imagine why.  Until I realized it's because I am worth all of the insanity.  Whatever I bring him.  I am his Queen and and he is my King.  I digress!!! Squirrel trail!!! We had beautiful conversations with random strangers.  It was a wonderful way to connect, especially when this week garnered a lot of bad feelings in the macro sense of the world.  I've seen beauty in things since the Paris incident.  I also have read some horrific things that make me skin cringe.  I am like the Hulk in my own way.  I still have anger, per se.  I just am disciplined enough to control it because it is a stressful life to be angry.  I lose.  Especially with my health.  I work hard for my zen life.  I also have to balance that not everyone is in the same path or level of path I am now.  And because I find them worth being around still, I balance how I interact.  It's a delicate dance.  That is life, though.  Life will not always be zen.  You find out what kind of person you are, reacting to those experiences.  Then, Sunday was filled with happiness glitterbag overflow.  It's not every weekend you spend time with almost every best friend of yours.  First, Saturday night. Then, Sunday morning, then Sunday afternoon. And I topped off the night with a flashback to my hey days with a great couple.  Though, not in any level of best friend...they are still a wonderful couple to spend time with.  These experiences in growth teach you how to handle plot twists in life.  I react horribly at first.  I know I do.  New information kind of thing.  I react raw.  But after awhile, I become accustomed to the new way of information and normal and it seems like business as usual.  Being Jeremy's wife, in some ways trained me to "go with the flow". Jeremy's wife....the novelty never gets old. 20 years into our friendship.  Our friendship. Our love story.  We are a story of the ages, I sense.  Especially since we often get complimented for being the couple to model.  I can't tell you we have a secret.  Maybe that we don't have secrets.  Jeremy is straightforward whether I like it or not.  And he got me to be as candid as possible.  I respect him too much to do anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment