Friday, February 19, 2016

A first


Jeremy and I babysat yesterday.  I changed a diaper.  That was a first for us.  The kids were beyond those years by the time I was in their life.  So it's not something we would have experienced together.  Because of the PCOS, I can't have kids.  And while we could have looked into adapting or other options, Jeremy wasn't really on board on becoming a parent.  Between the age of 30-33 I didn't take it well. Now, I like my lifestyle.  I like being a parent.  But I like our life.  We get to have both worlds.  And I have a great relationship with the kids that I don't feel like I miss out.  I have a great relationship with Sandra that it doesn't complicate things.  So it worked out as it should have.  That that was a first.  I think it was an interesting insight watching each other with a young child.  There was a friendly discussion on the what if type of scenario.  But not in a tense way.  Things happen a certain way.  My reality turned out differently.  This wasn't my plan growing up.  But it worked out well, nonetheless.  And the important part, is that I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment