Friday, February 26, 2016

Life has a funny way


When I started my blog back up some time ago.  It was because a wonderful friend of mine inspired me to do so.  Life has a funny way of opening you to life lessons.  Now, more than ever I am grateful she inspired me to write.  Because I want to be her audience.  I want to be her quiet space.  It's interesting that people don't know behind closed doors. Do I tell you everything? No.  I don't because some things are not meant to be written.  But I do write a great deal of my life.  That much I can be forthcoming about.  I tell you of my health struggles.  I tell you of my dealings with friends.  Or dealings with other important aspects of my life.  I tell you of my marriage.  I tell you of my inner struggles with anxiety.  Or my rape.  Believe me when I say I give a lot of myself in this blog.  But I keep some to myself.  Maybe it is judgement.  Maybe it is leaving mystery.  Maybe I just see it irrelevant to my writing at the moment.  My friend...thank you for inspiring me to write again.  My blog has been such a salvation to me.  It has been part of my journey for healing.  Next Saturday is quite a monumental day for me.  It will be the first time that I do the Run4Hope 5k with a sense of wholeness.  It is a dream I have had for 20 years that I couldn't imagine that I was even going to have.  It seemed impossible.  But here I am, feeling whole.  I hope my friend finds her journey of healing.  And I hope I can be there for her as she needs me.  Life has a funny way of giving us monkey wrenches in our path.  it is up to us to figure out a way through it.  And with the right people.

2 comments: