Thursday, February 18, 2016

Conversations with yourself


I don't know about you but I have them.  My intellectual side wins out most of the time now.  I think my emotional side used to have more leverage and pull but that wasn't the wisest thing.  My intellectual side knows that in the long run, actions I take need to be done with a clear head.  Case in point.  I got a post on my Facebook with a running joke.  It made me laugh so hard.  And then for just a moment it made me sad.  Why? Because it was a running joke with a friend I don't associate with.  Not because we have a problem with each other.  I mean, at this point, maybe we would face each other and give each other the stink eye because we are different ends of loyalty or truth.  But there I was laughing at this.  I ran a scenario in my head about posting it.  But in the end, I know I wouldn't do it.  Any type of reminder of me is just...bad.  A few months ago I got a glimpse of what a reminder of me looks like.  And let's just say it wasn't pretty.  It made me cry because it wasn't true.  But it still wasn't pretty.  So Conversations with myself.  You know you have done it.  Conversations with yourself.  Scenarios and realities that don't come to light because you know better.  I did find out what the culprit was for my migraine.  Glad we adjusted the AC.  But it also made me go searching for my cold packs. Perfect timing.  Anyways, conversations with yourself.  I am laughing. In a sad way.  But I am laughing.  Maybe I can find a way to show you so you can laugh with me. Yah! I found a way!

No comments:

Post a Comment