Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Epic


This past weekend was of Epic proportions.  Some of it was just from the company.  Some of it was from seeing an amazing moving with my biggest celebrity crush.  Some of it was seeing my favorite comedian. And taking pictures with him.  But always, there was Jeremy making the memories with me.  I appreciate that Jeremy sees past my layers.  I can come across very differently.  If one doesn't know me well enough, they do get the wrong idea about me.  While I understand at first, that that kind of perception of me could initially be why someone would get a bad impression of me...at the same time I get upset.  Find out the person I am.  I respect people.  People who are sidelines don't get to see the full picture.  Don't have an opinion of me on the sideline.  My Epic weekend almost got ruined with someone being upset at me for a wrong idea about me.  And my self doubt went into overdrive.  I thought of every wrong thing I have done.  Luckily, for me...anytime I become foolish like having self doubt, I have stubborn friends that refuse to let me stay in that little deprecating pool.  The best words came from Jeremy.  I thanked him because I felt so loved and appreciated.  And his words were simple but Epic.  You deserve it.  Strangely, in self doubt mode, I don't feel like I do.  Do I push people with my over the top personality? Am I too much.  Maybe the answer is yes. But the strongest survive.  And they see the fierce loyalty I have.  So...I could wallow in the self doubt...or enjoy what was one of the most amazing weekends of experiences.  I think I'll pick the second one.  Even venting it out like this helps.  I sparkle and shine.  If you don't like it, get out of my unicorn shadow.  It's taken me a long time to believe in my own confidence.  I'm not going to let insecure people ruin my believe that I am more than enough.  I am amazing.  I make people feel amazing.  I make them see their own magic.  There is some frustration. Maybe even a little anger that some people don't get it.  That's okay.  I can't help their insecurities.  And then there is the smile of those who refuse to let me self doubt.  I thank them.  They are not always the same people.  Sometimes they are.  And then sometimes, you get a surprise seeing someone rally for you.  That in and of itself, is Epic.  Surprise someone with a compliment, randomly.  You never know if you become that Epic moment in their day, let alone their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment