Thursday, February 11, 2016

Everyone should have one

Everyone needs at least one weird friend. ~E. Jarvis Thribb (17½)  [Barry Fantoni —tεᖇᖇ¡·g]

I thought about this saying as I read it.  I used to think when I saw the word weird, it was an insult.  And it may have been on the way the word was approached.  After all, in the past it seems it got a bad rap about being an unpleasant word.  I hope I am that weird friend for you.  I don't have the same issues of worrying about what people think of me anymore.  Does it still affect me? Yes.  I am human.  I would lying if on some level someone's opinion didn't affect me.  But I'll be exhausted trying to please everyone with their opinion of me and they haven't had my journey.  They don't know the whole story.  It's the two things I have known along the way to let my weirdness fly.  So, hopefully you can be that weird friend for someone.  The one person they can be their absolute self with.  You get to see them be their authentic self.  And that in and of itself, is a beautiful thing to watch.  A weird friend is priceless.  Everyone should have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment