Monday, February 29, 2016

I will remember


Saturday is a day I will remember.  I woke up with Jeremy snuggling me.  I love that.  Jeremy unapologetically snuggling me.  He doesn't worry about showing his softer side anymore.  He just does.  I needed that.  I desperately needed to know if I meant something to this man.  I don't question one iota that Jeremy thinks the world of me now.  Because he tells me. He shows.  And of course...we're dangerous when we're snuggling and cuddling.  That already started the day off nicely.  We decided to order in Chinese food.  I was trying to time everything as best as I could.  I am all about cushion of time.  I had bought a dress specifically for this day.  This was after I asked Jeremy to accompany me to this wonderful event.  It's been a dream to attend Riverdance since I was in my early teens.  I think that's where I started my fascination of Irish music and Irish dancing at that point.  I'm not completely sure.  Within the last few months I discovered Jeremy does like experiencing cultured shows like this with me.  Perhaps my interpretation was off.  Perhaps things had change because my friendship with Jared motivated Jeremy to want to experience these cultured things with me.  Whatever the reason.  There was Jeremy, side by side with me as a monumental moment was going to be made.  Was there a slight sadness that Jared originally was going to be attending with me.  Yes.  The tickets were his birthday gift.  Yet, that was a fleeting moment as I suddenly realized I was going to see Riverdance, a dream of mine...with my dream guy, Jeremy.  Sometimes the universe knows better.  There was a line for parking.  Which normally could lead me to become nervous.  However, pattern has shown that even in a most pressured time...Jeremy gets the job done.  We accomplish things.  And so I wasn't worried.  We discovered you could pay through an app.  So Jeremy paid through the app.  I had been warned of strobe lights by Sandra.  I was grateful for that warning. I brought my polarized sunglasses which had been instrumental in preventing seizures.  The tint is a perfect shade.  And I also saw a sign.  I smiled.  I don't usually see signs.  That made me smile.  We sauntered in.  We found our seats.  Needless to say, if I was going to be seeing a dream show I was going to get good seats.  They were amazing.  Jeremy was impressed.  Riverdance was better than anything I could have dreamed of.  Celtic singing, violins, and Irish dancing all combined how the show was orchestrated.  There was even a dance overlap of Flamenco and Tap that was incorporated in a most ingenious way.  I loved the performance.  So did Jeremy.  We went to dinner.  It was very romantic.  Of the many things I love about Jeremy and I is that we never tire of conversations.  We have all kinds.  I never bore of what to say to my husband...or with.  We came home and settled in.  He studied while I read my book.  I brought Apple Whiskey for him and Chai Latte for me.  It was just a wonderful way to end the night.  I will remember Saturday.  It was monumental.  Saturday made next Saturday more meaningful.  Next Saturday is the Run 4 Hope 5k for the Rape for Crisis Center.  This year is more meaningful because I am going in a more whole space.  I am going with a new sense of happiness for my healing.  I am not afraid to show that I survived...and thrived through my rape.  That I can embrace happiness in its most purest state...because I am truly happy.  I am not hiding behind a facade of tears.  That one is new.  Do I struggle still? Absolutely.  As I was watching a DVR recording of Lady Gaga singing ""It Could Happen To You" as survivors walked on the stage...I cried because I understood the lyrics. I understood the pain.  But I understood the triumph of having my own story being made.  Why I became some Unicorn.  Why I became an inspiration fairy.  I want to show others that still need their story told...to know...they're not alone.  I will remember that I have an opportunity every day to tell my story.  And I am still writing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment