Monday, February 1, 2016

One or the other


An interesting debate of sorts was brought up.  A friend of mine and I were discussing the idea of working through pain.  The idea was if your source of pain is still around or if they were not...could you work through the pain? Which might you choose? Given the choice, I chose having the source of pain around.  I've always been a person who pushes the envelope with myself regarding fears or pain.  In some ways, I think that's why it takes me a while to push toxic friends away.  I choose to work through the pain.  Interesting epiphany I just realized of myself as I am writing.  If I choose to walk away from a source of pain, my health is usually a factor.  I have choices and control over my emotions. I have control over my health, to a point, if it is affecting me through my emotions.  I call it decision tree.  That might not be the most wise decision for me...to have the source of pain around.  But that would be my choice, if given.  One or the other.  Neither has a lesser pain to it, really.  You hurt.  You could find arguments on why one is more painful than the other.  And both would be a solid argument.  But really, one or the other....is painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment