Friday, July 22, 2016

Reaching out and not


Yesterday, a friend had to start calling around pet cremation places.  That is not an easy task to do while heartbroken.  I actually would've tried to go pick her up but l was feeling rather sleepy after work.  It was a wonderful assignment but still exerting. I gave her information on one pet hospital. at least.  When Brody passed, we took him to one nearby us.  Sometimes, I want to give so much to others when they are heartbroken or in pain.  But I also have to recharge or conserve my energy.  I couldn't even fax somethings to my work because it meant driving.  I didn't feel sick.  But I felt it would not be a good idea to be behind the wheel.  I might try this morning to see if my email was enough.  My work is amazing.  They're so supportive.  I've been out of the workforce for 6 years.  I wasn't sure what to expect.  Plus, last 20 years I have been doing Customer Service. 2 years. the legal field.    While the work I do has an element of Customer Service, it is still different.  However, active listening is always important.  And that is something I felt.  I felt validated and supported. Swimming in a Lovely Sea of You from Michael Whalen is on.  Yah, Friday.  I'm looking forward to this weekend.  Sometimes, you have to be selfish.  And is it, really? You're trying conserve your energy so you don't run on empty.  So that you are not wearing yourself thin.  So...maybe it's self worth for well being.  If you're going to help others, you have to have the energy for it.  Otherwise, you'll be running out of fuel and running on empty.  It's not a pretty sight for anyone.  Sometimes, I just take a little breather.  I close my eyes and just think of a serene place...usually a lake and just be there.  5 seconds.  And whenever I can, I have Pandora on. New Age Ambient Radio is a great station.

No comments:

Post a Comment