Thursday, July 21, 2016

Where did this fall?


Where did this fall? How did we get to a point that sometimes, we don't give mindfulness to others.  No.  I am not of the school of thought to ask forgiveness rather than permission.  I got that BS told me to me recently.    Maybe because of things that happened to me, I don't like when people cross the line with me.  Or I feel a sense of boundary violation of sorts.  I bring it up.  I say something.  And maybe, just maybe, it's all in my head...as I've been told in my life.  And maybe not.  I love intelligence.  But long before that, I love kindness.  I melt when I see someone helping others.  There is an honor code that I live by.  I wish it was eloquent.  But really, it's don't be an asshole.  Man or woman.  You were taught manners.  Use them.  I sometimes interrupt people when they speak.  I don't mean to.  I just know my crazy little brain might forget what I am saying or thinking.  My biggest concern is whether I infringe or burden them.  It's a thoughtfulness thing but it's also because of past experiences.  Triggers that I might not even quite know exist within me.  But suddenly, I get defensive.  I'm not anyone, really.  I blog about my thoughts.  That's all.  But today, it's something to think about.  We can change the world, one mindful thought and gesture at a time.  Forgiveness is important.  That's not what I am saying.  What I am saying is being mindful and asking how the person feels about your action.  Maybe even asking...might just make their day.  It's not the way the world works.  But maybe, maybe just maybe...it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment