Thursday, July 7, 2016

The power of sharing


Indeed.  The power of sharing played an important part to this day.  Last night I saw such an inspiring video from a survivor.  I felt so inspired, I ended up writing a private message to the person.  This morning, I got a reply.  Nathan Ryan, you are my new hero.  I even got his permission to put his real name.  I felt so inspired today that I did something very unusual.  I wore a skirt.  I wore short sleeve.  I put on my dog tags, which I am still on the fence about civilians wearing dog tags.  But I put on my dog tag, feeling like a warrior.  And I made someone's day simply but telling them they inspired me.  The power of sharing your story is so crucial.  Because it helps others who have experienced it and too afraid to share the story see that someone else has experienced that kind of pain.  I haven't posted a video.  But I have looked my rapist in the eye.  So hey...that's something.  And So It is by Nick Farr is on.  I hope you share your story.  I hope you share your story because someone will feel better that they don't fee alone.  Honestly, that's why I started my blog.  Because whatever my thoughts, feelings, or experiences...someone was bound to have gone through it.  And if my words help in any shape or fashion....then it will have been all worth it.  So...today...share your story.  Because thanks to my new friend Nathan, I walked out the door today...just a little braver.  How my day has gone so far
My friend Christmas shared this a year ago.  Still love it.  It was on my memory thing

Me today.  I am wearing a brown skirt

My best friend SADF posted this on my timeline.  I kind of have a bad taste with tribe because of an ex friend so I see squad but still love it


I love it lol


I certainly do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment