Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Love Languages

I finally took the test.  At first I wondered why it took so long to take it.  However, after further reflection I realized before Thursday I wouldn't have had a clear understanding of my wants.  In some sense, I wouldn't have answered honestly.  So here's the breakdown.  My number one love language is physical touch.  Hugs are magical to me.  Kisses quiet the world for me in a way I can't describe.  Cuddling is a beautiful way to just say you mean the so much to me.  And being physical is an intense feeling.  I can separate that romantic and sexual aspect.  But for the chosen few that have felt it...I can intellectualize that it transcends something far deeper.  It's a soulful feeling.  My second love language is Words of affirmation.  I wasn't surprised.  Positive feedback for me is important.  Whether I am giving it or receiving it.  It's important for me to create a bond with someone and convey to them the importance they have in my life.  Especially if it is something that is lacking in their life or something they need for their self-esteem.  I am honored that my words have such weight.  My third love language is quality time.  I really don't care what I am doing with a person.  I love the idea of adventures and creating memories.  It makes my heart melt to remember friends or family fondly with memories I have of them.  It's a legacy of love, so to speak.  Emotional photographs.  Receiving gifts is 4th.  I am not materialistic.  So I understand why this is on the lower scale of love languages.  However, I do get touched when someone thinks of a gift that they see as meaningful to me.  It melts my heart.  It means that they have gotten to know me as a person and find this gift as a gesture of our friendship.  Or an inside language marker that we only get.  Lastly, there is acts of service.  I love that people do things for me.  But hugging me or holding me or touching my back is going to make me feel appreciated, loved, and accepted more than doing something for me.  Sometimes it's a more physical way.  Sometimes it's in a more emotional way.  It's interesting unraveling different aspects of myself that I hadn't even thought of.  I'm an artist.  Who knew? A writer and poet, yes.  But an artist, no.  I am a master piece of a beautiful puzzle that has yet to be completed.  It will be interesting to unfold this story that is my life.  Every morning I wake up with a new feeling of hope.  A new feeling of peace.  That one day I will say...I am whole.  I am a whole person.  That my existence matters in such a profound way...the lights will dim and sparkle will darken if I were gone.  That my legacy of love is what I will leave behind. I push through each day to become the sparkling creature that exists within me.  She's slowly finding her voice.  And I watch with awe at the process of reprogramming the mindset.  It's quite fascinating. Love Languages.  It's something to figure out about one's psyche.

No comments:

Post a Comment