Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The many faces of shades of grey


The inspiration came more on the school of thought of why someone needs to be one religion or not.  Or believe in one thing or the other.  But it got me thinking in shades of grey in general terms.  Why does it have to be like that? Whether it's friendship? Marriage? Parenthood? Life?! Where did we get the standard...one size fits all? Usually, I would try to venture out with these ideas and somehow seem like I was rebuked one way or another with my out of the box ideas.  I don't know why I like coloring outside the lines so much. I just figured you spend a lifetime trying to experience life at its very existence.  You should do it with your authentic self.  My authentic self doesn't always match the standard cookie cutter ways.  And Frankly, I don't want it to.  The right kind of people will understand the method to my madness.  It's not weird because it's Jess.  Thank you, Heidi Hawbecker for such an amazing mantra.  That quote has had serious mileage! As I see it, shades of grey helps us to open our minds and perspectives out a little bit more.  I think we gain more acceptance on how the world works in a broader sense.  We change this thought.  We might even change the world! The many faces of shades of grey reminds me that what works for you may or may not work for me.  And that's okay.  Some things are not my cup of tea.  I don't take away from the fact it's your cup of tea.  Granted, I may have a squeamish or nose crinkle from the sight of what you do but I'm human.  I'm not judging you.  I'm happy you are being your authentic self.  Fly your freak flag.  Fly whatever flag you want.  As long as we're still respecting each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment