Monday, October 26, 2015

The adventures of getting out of my comfort zone



I am Jeremy's queen.  But when I walk out the door I feel like some adventurous princess.  A princess with a new adventure on her hands.  Last night Jeremy and I went to an event called Zombie walk.  Our friend Emily's birthday fun included this crazy thing.  It was so much fun! But here was the adventure.  I was surrounded by flashing lights.  So I had to be careful.  Yet, I had a different perspective.  I will venture with these lights.  And this time I had protection.  Jeremy and two of our other friends, Daniel and Dom took it upon themselves to protect me.  It felt nice.  Dom is tall(even taller than Jeremy, that crazy German! lol) so he usually stayed in front of my walk line.  Daniel and his wife, Shalynna ( I am sure I am spelling it wrong) were zombie hunters and often made sure to push people back a bit to not get to close to me.  I tend to get claustrophobic when the lights are flashing.  I just become very vulnerable, I suppose.  And I remembered why we didn't go to events like these.  But I was stubborn this time and got through it.  I had so much fun.  We took crazy pictures.  We just had an amazing time.  We met a new friend, also an Emily.  So she was Emily 2.  Some of the friends couldn't make it so we ended up Zombies, at our haunt...Zombies.  This is where we hang out a lot with this crowd.  I love these young ens.  I just got a text from a friend, Lynsey.  It's funny how my best friends' siblings become my family too. I hung out with Katie and Amanda Saturday. and now Lynsey.  I love it.  I've created my own little family.  And it feels wonderful.  I need a slow down day.  I've been running crazy since Friday.  I had another anxiety attack Friday.  Ughs.  I am glad they don't turn into seizures.  But they are still horrible to have.  I find ways to ground myself and calm myself.  I'm glad I am self aware of those triggers and subsequently, the calming factors.  The adventure of getting out of my comfort zone.  This spontaneity kick is kinda fun.  It's out of my comfort zone.  But I am liking venturing out of my comfort zone.  This princess is a bada$$.  And she will have adventures...and live...and show the world her sparkle.  After all, she is Sparklepuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment