Friday, April 28, 2017

Feeling the tired


And now, I remember I have Epilepsy.  Today, my body is telling me I'm at my limit.  Which is good because I am not scheduled to work until Monday.  It's helped that any chance I get, I rest my body or do a power nap.  I'm glad my body lets me do that.  I met someone through one of the Epilepsy forums and she can't do that.  It was heartbreaking.  At least I can.  This week has been amazing.  I really have pushed myself to work.  Mother's Day and graduation is coming up.  And I didn't want to take away from grocery shopping so.... off to work I went.  I'm trying to make a nice rotation of fill ins.  That way, when I want to work, I have some returning clients that want to have me.  And when I don't want to work, I don't.  My Tuesday and Thursdays are sacred.  I also watched something that could have attributed to the migraine I had last night.  I do get emotional migraines.  I finally watched the TED talk with the rape victim and the rapist.  It was very informative.  And I had to keep an open mind regarding the man who had done it.  It took a lot to be standing there, as many people would and could judge him.  But he wanted people to understand the story and at least show the evolution of one story of rape.  I told Jeremy the difference is this man owned up to what he did.  That isn't the kind of thing I would get from Javier.  Javier has yet to still admit that he raped me.  I also watched another interesting TED Talk with Jeremy.  It was with Monica Lewinksy and the price of shame.  While our stories of shame are very different, I did understand many of the damaging things she spoke about with shame.  It was profound, in fact.  After that, we watched a couple of crash course videos.  It's one of our favorite things to do together.  We are such nerds.  I love it.  I need to get lunch ready for work.  I'm having Beef Lo Mein.  I didn't finish my dinner last night.  Have a beautiful day.  And as you might be feeling the tired too, like me...I hope you get a nap or get to rest.  I hope you get a chance to recharge.  We all need it...and deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment