Monday, April 24, 2017

What injury?!


How in the world does one get injured from walking? This wonderful and adorkable woman did.  Jeremy made awesome chili.  But we had forgotten about frito chips.  So "L" and I decided to walk to the corner store.  More like Jeremy said..."It's a nice day and you can get your steps in like you always like to do!".  I mean..he wasn't wrong lol.  On our way back, though, I must have stepped into a divot or something, because suddenly I went down...and hard.  It was an excruciating pain.  I sprained my ankle.  I couldn't walk without limping all night.  So I asked Jeremy to get me a bandage because one way or another I was going to have to deal with this ankle while I was working.  I kept it overnight until it woke me up because it was too tight.  At that point, I took off the bandage.  I waited morning and it was mostly good.  During the day, I felt a little sore but otherwise, my ankle is a lot better.  My clients depend on me.  I'm who they balance on.  I can't have a sprained ankle!!! I started my new permanent assignment schedule today.  I love it.  "Clare" is amazing.  We have a system.  She's direct about how to tell me where she needs me to be or how to help her.  Or even when.  I try to give me clients as much independence as they can have but also balance that with the help they need from me.  It's definitely a fine tuned dance!!! One of our friends made me a DIY holster for my blaster I had borrow from "L" for the Alamo Comic Con cosplay we're doing.  Thanks "T!".   Jeremy is going as the 11th Doctor and I'm going as River Song.  He got the last of his cosplay gear.  He needed to get the fez and bowtie and got that this weekend.    .  But I realized I needed a belt so off to a thrift store I went.  "Clare" had some clothes she wanted to donate so I took those to the thrift store too.  Sound of Invisible Waters by Deuter is on.  I bumped into "MM", whom I have not seen for ages.  We had such a nice visit.  The bad thing about me working sometimes is that I often miss time with "MM" .  We're neighbors and friends. We caught up.  And left with tea.  lol My friends are always gifting me with tea.  I'm not complaining.  I did some housework before I had some time to sit down and blog.  It's a boring blog.  But it's a beautiful boring life I've carved and it makes me so happy.  I picked up a shift tomorrow and then, I go see my friend.  So...hey what injury???!
On a side note, I found out a family member of one of my oldest friends , JMB, passed away.  I was heartbroken for my friend.  Especially since he was having to rush from out of state from his work to get a ticket home.  I met the family member once or twice. It still kind of  blows my mind that we've been friends for 24 years. We had a fallout for some years.  He calls it a pause. lol.  We're not best friends anymore.  And we both are okay with that. But really good friends, nonetheless.    I like having one best guy friend.  And that would be Jeremy.  Sometimes I think I took the long way around to learn things but it is what it is.  So...that's Monday.  I hope you had a sparkling one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment