Saturday, December 5, 2015

A day to celebrate


Today is Ashley's birthday.  It used to be our anniversary but I am so glad Jeremy and I were able to come up with November 22 as I am happy this is all her day.  The last 10 years with Ashley has been quite the roller coaster! But I am so proud of the individual she is becoming.  She is such an intellectual.  I love that she questions things.  I love seeing the confidence she has.  I am honored to be her stepmom.  And for me, she is my daughter.  As Thomas is my son, she is my daughter.  I have the privilege of being involved in the influence of two extraordinary individuals.  But this is about Ashley.  She has a realistic view of the world which is quite interesting for a 14 year old.  Wow...She is 14 today.  Between 10 years there has been so many memories.  I cherish those memories.  So today...today is a day to celebrate.  A day to celebrate an extraordinary that I am so proud to be a maternal figure of sorts to her.  I love you, Ashley.  You're such an amazing person.  I know our journey has been more strained than Thomas but I also loved the progress and where we are now.  I love our bond now.

No comments:

Post a Comment