Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Learning

You learn something every day if you pay attention. ~Ray LeBlond


You learn something new every day.  You hear it all the time from people.  But the cliche is there for a reason.  My classroom is life.  I have learn about different perspectives.  I have learned how people cope with struggles, happiness, and other life lessons in different ways.  I have learned what I like in people I love...and what I don't like.  I have learned who I am at my core, just a little more.  I like myself....no correction.  I love myself.  I learned to be able to say that to myself...and mean it.  There is a confidence about me that wasn't there before.  I learned that people come in and out of your life to help you grow and learn.  That life might be one big chess game and there is a test in all of this.  I don't know what I am being asked, but the answer is being myself, whomever that is.  Lessons like stay true to yourself make so much more sense as you get older.  Something about getting older makes you think about the life lessons more.  Perhaps because we think about mortality more as we get older.  I don't have regrets.  I have lived life.  However, I am grateful that I am on this Earth another day.  I try to live my life with purpose.  It won't be the legacy of what great job I had.  My legacy is the warmth and depth I give people.  That shine...and sharing it with the world.  My legacy will be sharing that sparkle with the rest of the world...one smile at a time.  I recognized that as I got my haircut.  I made the hair stylist's day.  She actually said...I made her feel important.  I like making people feel like.  I know my own power if I give myself the chance.  If i look deep inside for that confidence...I know that sparkle holds power.  I just gotta keep up the confidence.  Luckily, I will ask for help from my loved ones to remind me of my sparkle.  I will ask for wants and needs.  And this both.  I want to keep my confidence up.  And I need to to that in order for my sparkle to continue.  Those self doubt moments are so annoying.  But as I was helping a friend out yesterday on something I realized the advice or take I was giving her was something I need to consider myself.  Some people cannot handle strong people.  They run away from truth and strength because these things are big.  They come with much power.  And when people have this they feel more empowered and less "chained" from their enslavement of thoughts and negativity.  But we are constantly bombarded by negativity.  It is up to us to keep up that positive outlook.  And with help we can.  Reach out when you feel the negative come on.  We all have them.  Even the best of us.  That is something I learned from Jeremy.  Even someone as confident as him has moments of doubt.  You would think I knew that but you know me....theory and confirmation.  Hearing it confirms it for me.  I was appreciative of him revealing that kind of truth.  I know Jeremy is not one to really reveal something like that lightly.  But again, he is making an effort to open up more.  And I love him more for it.  The one area that seemed missing isn't anymore.  I actually feel whole.  I felt whole before but I think it was under a false pretense.  Here...I feel an authentic whole.  And it feels good.  I sleep better.  That's how I know there is a sense of whole.  I sleep better.  Somehow, I have quieted the thoughts and slowed them down.  Learning opens your mind up.  Learning helps you to understand yourself and others just a little bit more.  Learning is connection.  Learning....is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment