Thursday, December 10, 2015

Gratitude

Gratitude turns what we have into enough. ~Author Unknown

What an interesting quote to come by.  When we do have enough in our life, there is a feeling of abudance.  And we become thankful of what surrounds us.  I must remember that gratitude also includes what I have within myself.  I am grateful for the life I have.  The hardships, the tears, and the struggles to get to where I am today.  That could mean on a healing level.  Or a personal level.  I am back as a house wife.  I don't think I do house wifing well.  I am too restless.  I am looking for work.  My friend, Ems is being helpful.  I also applied for 6 jobs yesterday.  I at least want to show Jeremy I am making an effort.  I do come at more of a disadvantage being out of the work force for so long.  And then the Epilepsy.  But I will do the best I can.  It's just part time.  I don't know if my body can handle full -time anymore.  I do have a possible idea on a story if I can just get an outline going to get the writing flow.  I am grateful to be able to work out every day.  it's been great therapy.  I clear my thoughts.  I sweat out the pain, so to speak as well! As evident of my previous blogs I was in emotional turmoil inside.  Now, I am back to my happy little self.  I am grateful for my strange coping mechanism of retraining the brain.  Will I have moments? Yes.  But I am at peace for my decisions.  I walked away with integrity.  And that's important to me.  I am grateful for lessons learned.  Maybe learned in harsh ways in life sometimes, which is not pleasant....but lessons learned nonetheless.  I am grateful for my friends.  My close ones.  And then those I haven't talked to in years.  The mere fact I was sad or just not my normal inspirational self was enough to have people put a smile on my face...whether they knew why or not.  That kind of kindness is beautiful.  It gave me hope on humanity at whole that we do have this kindness in us.  Beyond religion, politics, or any construct that separates us when it comes to values....someone did a gesture, because they cared.  I feel very overwhelmed by love.  Gratitude for meeting "L" and "J".  In happier times, it was a beautiful friendship, both of them.  They taught me a lot.  Gratitude for having such a supportive and loving husband.  Jeremy "gets" me.  That is such a beautiful thought.  And when he struggles with it, his love for me has him figure a way to "get" me.  No longer do I discredit things.  And when I falter and go to old habits....I have Jeremy and friends to remind me of my sparkle and shine.  I am once again that unicorn.  Not a princess, though.  And no longer Sparklepuss.  Much of that is retired because it's too closely related.  I needed to start a new.  Stronger...wiser.  But I still carry my magic.  I carry the encouraging words that made me realize I had something valuable to give to the world.  That I have a beautiful mind to share with the world.  That my thoughts matter.  I am grateful for being here one more day.  Call it spirituality.  Whatever you want to call it....I am grateful for walking this earth...one more day.  I not only have enough....I have more than enough.  Master piece by Joseph Akins ins playing.  So, world...find your gratitude.  That small positive energy grows...and grows...and maybe one day we can change the world...one positive thought at a time.  It can start small.  It starts with me today.  I may wish my life included working.  But at the core of everything, I am grateful for my husband to provide that I want to work.  Not that I have to work.  Maybe, in the future I will go back to volunteering.  I did love doing that.  On the health front.  My stress level is way back down again.  I haven't had a seizure in 3 weeks.  They weren't the big ones.  But even a hiccup as I used to call them still isn't a good thing in my book. Besides doing the right thing....I also did this for my health.  I can't easily bounce back.  My threshold is lower than it used to be.  I don't do well with chaos.  I do well with peace and quiet. And I know life isn't quite like that.  But in my world, peace and quiet is what I have.  There are consistencies in my life.  There is routine.  And I am grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment