Thursday, April 7, 2016

Batteries and recharge


Sometimes, in life, in order to get your own thoughts back...sometimes your own life...you gotta drown out the world.  I thought about this for a friend last night.  Divorces are never fun.  And they are feeling the effects of it.  And with children involved.  And the ex is a piece of work.  Sighs.  And they are trying to move on.  But I likened it to a virus.  They have had so much exposure to that virus, there are still lingering effects on them.  But they also told me something big.  Thanks to me, they had the courage to stop the cycle.  To stop going back.  I wasn't telling them to stay or leave.  It's a rule of mine.  Whatever my own personal opinions about a marriage might be, in the end, I am not the one who lives with the rewards or consequences.  And I've had a friend or two that worried me with that rule.  But thankfully, things have worked out.  I think is a drown out day for me.  I want to be ready for Jeremy's birthday tomorrow.  In my mind, over years, his 40th birthday looked way different in my head.  And then, life happens.  The plan is...and well you roll with the punches.  I may or may not have a card for him.  I really haven't been able to get away. He understands that.  It still doesn't make me feel better.  Still, I am glad I have help on  celebrating him.  So, today, I may just stay off the grid.  Sometimes you just gotta drown out the world, to recharge.  I get why people love naps.  Or love massages. Or love writing.  Or whatever it is they love to get away from it all.  A strange thing happened this morning.  Jeremy and I almost went downstairs as our usual routine and then Jeremy stopped himself and chuckled.  I asked him what was funny...and then realized myself.  We have no couch to sit on.  So we stayed upstairs.  I just got a text from "SADF" that read, A resting day is a beautiful thing. Be kind to yourself.  You deserve it.  Maybe it's that I am processing my own grief with Athena. Maybe it's that I've been thinking of a mere mortals reference.  Maybe it's feeling bad plans didn't go as such for Jeremy.  Maybe it's the house.  I just need to recharge.  Hopefully, I do that.
The Enchanted Garden by Kevin Kern is on. Maybe that's what it is. My batteries are low and I need a recharge.  Batteries and recharge.  I think I need to power nap before the workers get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment