Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Happiness in adjustment


There is a certain happiness in adjustment.  It gives you time to reorganize things. Sometimes, even your thoughts.  This house reorganization has provided that happiness.  The Living Room is almost finished.  Our Last name initial that used to hang right in the middle of the living room has broken.  But here's something rather funny.  I had two conversations about the initial.  One knew the back story.  One didn't.  And somehow, the conclusion was the same.  The basic take away.  It was time for change.  So now...just figuring out what to put up.  I considered another Parisian piece.  This time around, Jeremy was helping with part of that process.  That made me really happy.  Out of everything, that was the part that made me happy.  He is putting feedback into this piece as well.  I talked to him yesterday and sent him some pictures.  He considered them and brought up a good point.  Perhaps too much of the Parisian or at least too much of the Eiffel Tower in the Living Room.  Starry Night is a consideration.  But right now, as I see it, it doesn't quite fit on the wall.  I have my diplomas and some frames up.  I might have to consider moving them.  We'll see.  I saw a Water Lillies print as well but I felt that was too much of me.  If that makes sense.  I love that print.  But the room is ours.  So we decide together. It was quite a busy day.  I had my own errands early that afternoon when a friend to go shopping.  I'm happy when I can give my take fashion wise.  Ultimately, it is the other person that will have to live with their choice.  But it's nice to get feedback.  That kind of take can go for just about anything.  And lastly, we had "D" over.  I am happy to get back into the kitchen.  Today, hopefully, they are putting in the vinyl.  It's exciting to be almost done with the improvements.  The place does certainly have a different feel to it.  After today's improvements, the kitchen is my next project.  It's like a late version of spring cleaning.  The Enchanted Garden by Kevin Kern is on.  Jeremy is going in late for work.  That was a nice surprise.  He still never ceases to amaze me.  Adjustment is difficult sometimes.  I am not, like many people, a big fan of change.  But once there, there is a certain happiness in adjustment.  It's like you begin again.  Only now, you have experiences and background to go with it.  Just some thoughts for today.  We are constantly creating a new normal for ourselves.  There are chapters are still trying to unfold.  Stories that need to made.  Happiness is adjustment.  It could be a new mantra.  There is happiness in adjustment.

No comments:

Post a Comment