Monday, April 4, 2016

Symbols in a story


That is a great way to look at this Saturday.  I have been super excited to go to another type of Renfest.  This one was called Sherwood Faire.  Jeremy and I had never been to this one.  We started out early.  We were going with "L" and "DA".  And meeting up with EB And KO.  "L" had been to this faire and could give us an idea of what it was like.  It is smaller.  However, she had a great point that it was perfect for a one day thing.  She was right.  So, already, going to a faire again was amazing.  I went when I was 17.  Javier actually went with me that time.  Then, we went again with friends.  But this was Renfest.  I didn't know if it be any different.  I had talked about souvenirs with Jeremy.  We were, of course, going to get a shot glass from there.  However, I had told him I'd also like to get another magnet.  It was a Trinity Knot.  I loved that magnet.  So parting with it meant significance.  But it felt time for a redo.  It became an adventure to find the perfect magnet and shot glass.  In the end, there were was story in the symbols, just as much as symbols in the story.  I found a Trinity Knot magnet.  It's beautiful.  It brings peace to me, especially the way the kitchen looks right now.  Jeremy smiled at me when we found it.  Knowing the story behind it, he gets the symbols in a story now.  Maybe he always did.  But now I see it.  And then the shot glass.  I almost ended up with a shot glass that looked like a coffee mug.  Instead, I ended up with such a unique look for a shot glass.  I wouldn't necessarily even deem it one firsthand.  I love it.  Then, lastly...sighs...I think I am going to cry again.  I am tearing up as we speak.  There's been a dream of mine to own an article of clothing.  I have always wanted to own a corset or waist cincher.  But they are so expensive.  I just never really wanted to entertain the idea of buying one.  But it doesn't stop me from looking at corsets and waist cinchers.  I was looking for a deep red color.  Perhaps, burgandy...perhaps wine.  Certainly a dark red.  I have always wanted one.  I tried one on.  "L" lit up when I tried it on.  What we didn't know at the time is the lady put it on upside down.  Still, I loved it.  I told Jeremy....You are allowed to say no.  I will be okay.  I will understand.  He just looked at me, smiled, and said... "Yes".  And there, in the store...I broke down in tears.  What is also significant is that it's the year of healing.  It seems so fitting that I would get it this year.  I love the waist cincher.  I feel amazing in it.  My back feels amazing in it!!! I feel beautiful in it.  Not for how I look, but how it makes me feel.  I'm glad Jeremy and anyone else that appreciates how it looks on me likes me in it.  But it's the way it makes me feel in it.  I can't even describe it to you.  It's a 17 year old seeing one, in person for the first time.  I had heard about them.  But I had never seen one in person.  I was in love.  But again, $200 seemed like too much.  The waist cinchers were cheaper.  And it's corset enough for me!!! Lady of the moon is on. So there is my Saturday.  There is what symbols in a story can be.





No comments:

Post a Comment