Friday, April 8, 2016

JK


Jeremy Kearney...such a character.  Today is his birthday.  All these years when we talked about today...today...certainly didn't look like today.  I had always wanted to take off for his 40th.  I had never been to Vegas so I thought, why not.  And then, a month ago....all this happened.  And while it is a bit of a first world problem...and certainly people have worst problems... it doesn't make this house chaos any more frazzling for me...or for us, for that matter.  Yet, it just made us appreciate what we had.  Our house (literally) could be falling apart and we were still okay.  Because we had each other.  The other day we were getting ready for bed and I said, "Babe, I am really glad we're not Facebook happy".  And he said, "Me too".  Sometimes they say you can see life in pictures.  Maybe that's why I take pictures.  Tonight, however, I won't.  It;s his 40th.  And while it wasn't exactly how I planned it, it somehow came out even better.  Jeremy is loved and adored by others , just as much as me.  I say he's a character because like any person, he has his flaws.  And as the person who has been by his side...I've seen them.  For better or worse.  Likewise, Jeremy has seen me at my best....and my worst.  We have our language...our own way of communicating.  We have our own sense of humor.  We have a Jeremy and Jess thing.  

I wasn't sure I could get him a card so I typed this up.
Happy Birthday to the most amazing person I have ever met.  You're th best thing to ever happen to me, Jeremy Kearney.  And every day I love that I can show you what it means to be absolutely loved and adored.  Whether you believe in soulmates, I believe in something like soul's twin.  There is a great song that you like called The Story by Brandi Carlile. Part of the Lyrics go like this:

So many stories of where I've been
But these stories don't meant mean
anything
When you've got no one to tell them to
It's true. I was made for you
All this chaos in the house just makes me appreciate us..that no matter what happens around us...our house falls apart, or anything else does...we have each other...Beyond the romantic..beyond the friendship...we each other's back, simply because we love each other.  There's more but I left it out. Each picture is a representation as best as I can to document this day.  To celebrate my person....my best friend....my partner in crime...my protector....my love....my husband.  I love this man with every fiber of my being.  I hurt when he hurts.  I'm happy when he's happy.  I've never met anyone quite like Jeremy.  If you believe from Jim Brickman is on.  The card is the simplicity but the beauty in our love.  The Marry is because we both love food.  I think we have had gasms in food.  So...it just seemed fitting.  The third is the last picture we took him being 39.  The fourth one is doing sign language.  He goofed and said he was 36 and we redid it.  But I thought it was cute that I've rubbed off on him.  He actually was getting into the picture as much as I was.  The 5th is our sense of humor.  And I thought it was funny I got a text from a friend of this. It also looks like it could be a Tardis if you're not paying attention.  The 6th is this morning...in our living room with nothing but the couch.  The repair people left that there for us.  Great family company.  You even see Whiskers roaming around.  Poor thing has been locked up all this time until we had a ceiling. And lastly is another friend sending me a text with that view.  That is how I feel inside with my love for Jeremy.  If you wanted to see inside...that's what it looks like.  So...thank you for indulging me on my lovefest for my husband.  I might make some of you sick over how I adore him.  It's okay. We make ourselves puke too.  We struggle and have to work through things like any other couple.  We argue too.  We're not perfect.  And don't believe anyone that they are.  Behind closed doors, people are different.  You know...maybe that's why I am so open in my blog.  I want you to take a trip inside.  I want you to see the good, the bad, and the oh boy.  I want you to see the authentic.  It means exposing myself to judgement...to ridicule...and that does make me vulnerable.  But if I can survive the things I have...and come out strong.  I think I can handle a few judgmental people. Besides, it says more about you...than it does about me.  Today is our song from Smashing Pumpkins....
But strangely enough Wedding Song from Mehdi is on.  Thank you, Universe.  I will remember today...on his birthday...right now...That was playing....JK...Jeremy Kearney...Happy Birthday, you Sexy Beast.






No comments:

Post a Comment