Monday, April 11, 2016

The reality that is


So the last leg of our fun weekend included a shower.  There was a game on things mom would do.  And things Dad would do.  There was even a later list if not Mom and Dad, what other person would do or feel this.  I was nominated on who would panic most about the baby.  That sounds about right.  That feeling of family set in.  It's friends but hey...it's family you choose, right? And our family is full of characters. When you know people for 10 years, you get to know some ins and outs about them.  But what struck me was the the reality that is.  We have a perception on what Mom or Dad will do.  The reality that is. It will be different.  And like most thoughts that pop in my head....I let the yellow brick road keep going with the thoughts.  I thought of the times were the perception on what was so differed from the reality.  Because many times you are dealing with multiple sources of said reality.  And suddenly it feels like a courtroom figuring out the truth.  That was a thought that was there. So was repairing a friendship that seems like it was beyond damage.  I expected a cold front from both of us.  Instead, KH and I reacted like no time had passed.  Maybe my perception of the situation was not the reality.  I do assume things in my head that are worse.  Still, we had a conversation that indicated our friendship had changed.    Today, the flooring will be done.  At least, that's what I am hoping for.  Knuckle heads unplugged our fridge.  Luckily, we shop on a daily basis rather than weekly.  Jeremy and I are on a purge of sorts.  This house chaos gave us an opportunity to de clutter.  And you know how much I like organizing.  Jeremy's birthday provided a lot of time for reflection.  Jeremy's birthday weekend provided a lot of happiness too.  We're sore from bowling.  We feel our age.  We feel old.  But we feel happy.  Just...happy.  That no matter curveballs thrown.  We will catch them together...or for each other.  On a side note, I got to meet a friend's new beau? New friend? They are in the beginning stages of talking.  I like him for her.  He left a good impression on Jeremy too.  I couldn't tell you where exactly my thoughts ran.  I thought about perception versus reality...on many levels.  I thought about friendships, ones that are mending perhaps. Some that are beyond damaged.  I thought about looking at the Facebook memories that show you what 5 years ago that day looked like or a year ago.  A year ago, yesterday I was recovering from a migraine that sent me to the emergency clinic.  Good thing for fast acting friends.  I also what 5 years ago looked like.  Aaron popped up.  That was happysad to see.  We were at the gun range.  I hit a bulls eye that day.  Perception and reality.  It's something to think about.  On happier notes, I decided to be silly and wear the Dr. Pepper shirt on Sunday since Jeremy was wearing his Batman.  I'm so mindful of my smile now.  Because it's genuine. I'm finally that happy.  The perception and reality are real.  That smile....is authentic. Thank goodness for friends with long extension chords.  Who knows where ours are in this dissaray.

No comments:

Post a Comment