Wednesday, April 6, 2016

The path



Yesterday,  one of my best friends posted this on my timeline.  It made me smile.  It almost made me cry.  I love how they understand sometimes things I haven't even talked about yet.  Yet, somehow, they know.  "SADF" and "DRO" have always been like that.  We have odd beginnings.  And I can't even say they were necessarily good ones.  I was a different person.  I was more hostile and confrontational.  But they have known me for almost 10 years. And we have stuck together...one way or another.   I still think of another friend that I am not sure where we are at.  But I do know that we care about each other.  And maybe that is the deeper truth I needed to see.  And "L", the newest of them all.  We have actually known each other for 3 years.  We met through a mutual friend...that is no longer friends with either of us.  When her (as in the former friend, "CN") and "Little One" split, well...Jeremy and I grown closer to him.  He got us in the custody.  Back to this beautiful message.  The path is certainly not a straight line.  My healing came with so many new questions to be had from trying to figure out my journey.  My path came with heartache.  My path certainly came with a good amount of tears.  When I care....I care with my heart, my soul.  It's why my heartbreaks when I do lose someone, either by death, circumstances, or any other way, are just that. heartbreaks.  And then there is the healing journey that garnered much tears and heartache.  I felt the pain when I would break up with someone.  But I also feel happy that after some time, most exes are willing to try a friendship.  And so it is nice now, to have a few ex best friends and exes that keep in touch.  We don't go out for coffee or anything.  I tried us going out for a movie with one ex best friend and his wife got the wrong idea about us.  Sheesh.  It's a movie, woman.  And my husband is here with me.  But I digress.  I like the idea that the path isn't straight.  As difficult as it might seem at the time that it isn't such a direct answer, I appreciate the story.  I appreciate the life lesson.  I do continually go back to things and where I thought I understood something, I reflect, and find a deeper truth to it.  Most things do hold that truth to me.  Autumn by Ryan Stewart is on.  Reflecting each time might bring a new deeper perspective of things.  It helps one to appreciate the story or lesson to be made.  I constantly am learning.  I am constantly mindful of keeping my eyes for the lesson.  Sometimes I miss it.  Sometimes, I still don't understand the full lesson or understand things.  And that's okay.  Because I am not alone.  And sometimes when life hands me a lesson, and I don't understand, I have amazing people to talk to figure out my journey.  To figure out things in my life.  To understand my value. I have a lot more confidence these days.  I feel it.  I have self doubt moments still.  But it helps to help others with their self doubt.  So by revealing my insecurities, I help others understand theirs.  I look at myself as a reference manual.  You don't have to take the steps I did in my journey.  I am just a reference manual or what to do...or not to do.  And the is a deeper truth that I want you to walk away with.  That my story will help you in some way.  Whether it's the small parts of my life....or the big ones...I hope I help you in some way.  Maybe it's not every day that I do.  But when you read my blog, you gain a perspective of your own.  I hope you reflect on certain things in your life. On a side note, a friend of mine had her baby! I am so happy for her.  People have a story.  So many of us have a story.  I will never tire of anyone's story because it got them to where they are now.  And it is fascinating to see where it leads to.
For the Love of a Princess is on by Myleen Klass.

No comments:

Post a Comment