Tuesday, April 5, 2016

It definitely was


It definitely was a friend therapist day yesterday.  The first part of it was sharing with a friend about her best friend passing.  Her beautiful and wonderful dog, Athena.  I was attached to Athena too because she became somewhat of my therapy dog.  Athena helped me overcome my fears of big dogs.  I mean, she was like a small horse.  But oh, the love in this dog.  It was heartbreaking to hear the story.  But I was also happy to be there for MC. I miss my therapy dog.  I don't need one nearly as much.  And at this point, I know I could easily ask NP to be around Zeus.  He was cuddling up to me by the end of our visit.  It was hilarious lol.  These days, I don't get the anxiety attacks like I used to.  I still have habits that come up.  Self doubt likes to creep in.  But I have enough people to reach out to help me crush the self doubt.  I'm even helping myself out with my setback.  One of these days I may just ask "L"and " DA" to hang out with "DA", by himself for a couple of hours, playing video games or something.    Him and Jeremy act like brothers.  It's hilarious watching them.  It almost sounds silly that I have this setback but there it is.  It's a hang up I have to get over but it will come with time.  I know this.  It also was a day of finding out if I really had learned a lesson in life.  It was a proud moment for me.  I found out some news about Javier through the grapevine. He got engaged.  I felt nothing.  I mean...literally...nothing.  And that truly made me smile.  I really have come a long way in my journey of healing.  Truthfully, I feel pity for his fiance.  I wouldn't go chasing after her to warn her.  But if I am ever approached by her, then yes, I will tell her my story.  Sometimes, in life you can't present truth in such an upfront way.  Sometimes, you have to let someone come to terms with the truth and ask you about it.  Over the years, it's something I noticed.  In other news, I have the whole collection of Harry Potter!!! I meant to get Book 5 of it yesterday.  I was curious to see if the car was truly working.  It worked just fine.  Thank you, KJ!!! Jeremy put in a new battery but it was still losing connection.  She fiddled with it a bit and bam. My car was purring in no time.  And I figured since I was there.....yeah.  You know what happened next.  I saw Book 6 and 7 there.  And while I was there...I got something for myself.  I got myself a Harry Potter coloring book.  And that melted my heart.  I was in such a hurry to get this for others...I forgot to ask myself if I wanted one.  And it turns out, the answer is yes.  So I have a Doctor Who coloring book and a Harry Potter one, now  The next thing to do is get a Superman tshirt.  "L" had this crazy idea to go see the movie in our shirts.  She's a batman girl.  I'm a superman girl.  I'm not sure what we feel about the current people playing those roles, but we have our loyalties.  And mine is Superman.  Garden Lullaby by Gary Stadler is on. Also, in other news...We have a sort of ceiling!!!! It is Day 4 of Repairs.  They will finish up the kitchen.  I'm not sure if they are painting today or not.  But if I'm not mistaken today is the day they start the Living room.  Slowly, but surely, we're getting our house back.  Still looking for 4 things to hang on the wall.  I have the ones that were originally there but I think at some point...I want to change it.I t's one of those things that is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.  Not all of the things, but that one is.  Perhaps, I need a redo with those particular items so I can appreciate them more.  We shall see. And my third one was more of encouragement and such.  But it was still nice that I was being asked my take.  So it definitely was a friend therapist day.  Passages by John Schmidt is playing.  But I love it.  It makes me friend heart melt that people ask for my take.  Here are the pictures of the almost ceiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment