Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The power of words


My friend AP posted this to his wall.  I couldn't stop laughing.  And I figured people needed a laugh after the hail storm we had.  Luckily, Jeremy and I didn't get damage to our cars.  Usually, they are in the garage.  But right now, we have had to park in the complex parking lot.  So I was worried we had gotten hit as well.  As I walked towards the cars, I looked down and saw hail.  It was melted but it was still there.  I don't like walking out in the dark like that but I was too paranoid.  Jeremy didn't even know I had left.  He was fast asleep.  Awww...I just got a quick chat texty thing from Little One. He was trying to catch me up on things.   I miss Little One.  I have a hot date with Jeremy today.  I love our lunches twice a month.  I am so happy I finally had the confidence to ask for what I wanted.  Unless it's really extreme, Jeremy is only happy to oblige.  Smh.  Sometimes I want to hit myself over the head for waiting this long.  But I know it's because I didn't have the confidence.  But on the flip side of that, the power of words can be quite intense.  I had to experience words either said to me or about me....and learn to give the words power.  And at the same time, I am mindful of my words.  So while I am learning to not give power to words that will hurt.  I also learn to watch my words with others.  Even in blog form.  After all, they are a permanence.  As I was scrolling my feed, I came across another post that strangely, was AP again.  It was song called I won't give up.  While it gears towards relationships it's more about just not giving up and fighting for something or someone.  Again, it made me think of words.  The power we give or don't give to them.  The balance of that.  You don't want to give words power.  At the same time, words give such power meaning to emotions.  So again, it's a balance.  I ended up looking up the meaning of the song.  It's a beautiful song.  I love it when my friends teach me something.  Today, I will be mindful of the power of words.

No comments:

Post a Comment