Monday, April 25, 2016

More than that


We had the kids this weekend.  It was such a good feeling to have them over again.  Today was an Epic weekend in some ways.  So....we played monopoly.  Before, a game like that would've intimidated me.  But this time around, I took in the game with new eyes.  There was a new perspective. And this perspective said I could hold my own.  And hold my own, I did.  P2 was out first.  But then, Jeremy was out.  At the beginning, it looked like P1 was out for the count.  But they put hotels up.  And I seemed like a goner.  It was us 2 left.  His hunger won out.  So by default, I won.  But hey, I'll take it.  The more important part was beating Jeremy.  That's a feat in and of itself! I love that P1 wants to play games.  I am looking into getting Marbles game.  It's a board game I've played with friends.  Also, Phase 10 twist is fun.  Red flags is fun too.  We played that with "L" and "DA".  It was also a little Epic with things breaking down.  Except for home chaos which was March, we had my car break down, my clicker break, the washer dryer set break down, and Jeremy's clicker breaks.  But in each situation, Jeremy's "charmed" life still manage a pretty good transition.  Getting delivery on a new washer and dryer today.  I had a light saber war with P1.  That was awesome.  Then, the next day was Grandma time.  We played Sorry.  P1 won.  And then, Grandma won.  It just seemed an epic weekend to me.  Last night, Jeremy and I almost got into a fight.  But before it escalated, we clarified our communication.  It also made me think how hard marriage can be.  Even Jeremy's and mine.  We think alike on many things.  But Jeremy and I are different people.  And every day we make decisions that affect us as a couple.  He has to consider me.  And I have to consider him.  And that's important.  It's interesting that I have one friend that is just in the beginning stages of a relationship. While another one is on their way to divorce.  You see where the journey is.  You witness the struggle.  And it is a reminder to anyone that every couple struggles.  If they deny it, they're lying.  There are levels of struggle.  Jeremy and I don't struggle nearly as much as other couples I have been around.  But I also learned not to "judge" what that means.  It's none of my business.  I can interject concerns, especially if friends ask.  After that....not my business.  It's more than that.  It's looking into my own relationship and focusing on that.  The danger of being a friend therapist is that sometimes I might get into a rut that I "know better".  I won't mean to.  That's the time to step away from the situation and support.  And if it's too difficult to support, then remove yourself.  And that way, it's not a reflection on them.  It's about me.  It's about learning from other relationships and applying or reflecting what to do or not to do by witnessing it.  Monopoly was more than that this weekend.  It was a chance to apply my confidence.  I had a different strategy.  I have a system to things.  I like my system.  And while I have to learn to stray from my system because..well...life happens...I appreciate when people understand this system of mine and support it.  It's a matter of balance. So for now, I just wait for the delivery people.  Here are some fun pictures. Here are some that seem like a story going on. Here are some smiles.   Here are some reflections. Here are some things that are interesting.  Here lol
 Yah, Whiskey! Wow. I'm a whiskey woman now.  That's crazy.  Still love my Moscato...but I love Whiskey too.
 Le sigh.  I can't tell if I'm looking forward to that...or I'd rather always miss them.  Food for thought
 So horrible. So hilarious.
 I love hugs.
 Look at that beautiful smile!
 Staring contest with Pokey poo
 I won! Only second time.  Granted, I won my default.  But I beat Jeremy.  So hey.
 Oh, Jeremy. You were so unexpected.  And then ** lol Le sigh
I've been lucky enough to have 5 unexpecteds
 Bye washer/dryer
 Epic!!!!
 Yes!
 Reflection
 I kid you not.  I put on my superman shirt.  And then he put on his Batman.
 He was playing with my strings. Literally. He was playing my guitar.  It wasn't love at first sight.  I thought he was cute but I thought he was a jerk.  A year into our friendship...boom.  But I kept that to myself.

Bathed in the blood of his enemies as P2 put it.  lol

This was my weekend.
Also, I told Jeremy this weekend I wanted him to be loved and adored as much as he deserves.  And also that I finally believe how much he loves and adores me.  He smiled.  I'm finally getting it.  I deserve this kind of love.  I deserve this kind of man.  I deserve....

No comments:

Post a Comment