Friday, April 1, 2016

A remodel of your own


Day 2 of the repairs! They will be here shortly,  And it's a handful.  I am getting color charts for the kitchen wall and upstairs bathroom.  They stripped the wallpaper yesterday.  Then, the project manager and the head repair guy will be here.  Along with a helper.  The older helper's last day was yesterday.  The project manger will be coming about an hour later from that.  And lastly, head repair guy's son will be here.  He's got school work to do.  It was also his birthday yesterday! So in true Jess fashion...I sent him home with a consolation prize of wine! The song of the Sun is on by Mike Oldfield.  I'm loving these Celtic radio stations! Also, color for the vinyl? The floor in the kitchen, basically.  That got destroyed in the Kearney Flood of 2016.  I can scratch that off my unbucket list.  I swept water out of my kitchen! And tomorrow is Renfest!!! I call all the festivals of such Renfest.  Don't mind me.  And next week is Jeremy's 40th birthday! With so much happening right now, I really hadn't gotten much time to prepare for his birthday.  Good thing we ended up not doing Vegas! Actually, strange thing.  We got invited to go to Hawaii.  lol Not with these repairs going.  But it was still a nice invitation.  And Vegas came up with the same person. So maybe we'll celebrate Jeremy's 40th birthday a year late.  You know...every time we spoke about his 40th...because I always talked about going to Vegas...I didn't think about Life happens scenario.  lol Ah.  Life.  You happen.  Grrr....lol Nah.  You can either Grr...or Ah...just ride the wave.  Ride the wave and learn how to surf.  I haven't started book 3 of Harry Potter as well.  Maybe I will work on that today! I finally finished The Mentalist so I am back to having movies on the Netflix Queue.  But I also started Criminal Minds.  Actually, my friend, AP, suggested I Zombie first since it's only one season.  Turkey gave me access to his Hulu so technically, we have Hulu and Netflix.  We've had Netflix for years.  It started as a birthday present from his mom and then a year or two later, Jeremy took it over.  Sometimes we have that conversation...Should we see that movie? Or is it a wait until it comes out on Netflix? Eh. Wait until it comes out on Netflix.  Yup.  That's been a conversation of ours.  So something interesting that crossed my mind...a remodel of your own.  My house is getting updated and remodeled in some ways.  It got damaged somewhat but it is still here. It is still standing. It is still my sanctuary.  Experiences in life could have defined me or damaged me, even.  But I am still standing.  I am still my own sanctuary.  I waited 20 years for that to make sense to me.  And sometimes I think the right things, the right moments...all of it makes sense....when you need it to.  The timing had it that it would make sense...now.  Sighs.  And Jeremy.  He's my rock.  This snafu did get us a little frustrated and could have translated into some tension.  It almost did.  But we worked on it.  And I'm proud of us.  What is that saying? Communication is an every day miracle.  If it was a quote somewhere before, I don't know.  But I used to hear my friend, Aaron, say that.  I say his full name because it's my way of acknowledging him.  He passed away.  Indeed, my friend.  Communication is an every day miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment