Wednesday, March 9, 2016

At least

At least twice a day, I get a chat, a text, or a phone call on my take on things.  They range from relationships, to my experiences with my health, to parenting, to just...yelling into the void.  I like being what I call the therapist friend.  I try not to necessarily give advice.  But  I tend to ask the right questions or send the person in the right direction for the person to solve the problem.  Some days, however, I do isolate myself or what I call "hermit" moments if I am not feeling well.  Physically or emotionally.  I had to learn to put boundaries on how much I can give of myself.  That's a tough one.  I always want to help people.  And sometimes by not helping. I'm helping.  Sometimes by not helping there is a positive impact.  That sounds so bizarre to say.  But I can see that line of thought.  Last night, though I was told by two people, simultaneously, strangely enough, through text the positive impact I have on them by being directly in their life.  One called me insightful.  The other called me inspiring.  I tried holding back the tears but they came.  They were tears of joy.  Fear not.  I'm a sensitive soul.  I cry at the drop of the hat, it seems.  For good things. For bad things.  Although, on the bad, I cry but usually learn the lesson and protect myself the next time to not cry.  Ah...Think of me from the Phantom of the Opera Soundtrack.  It feels good to be needed.  Jeremy is not tutoring tonight.  That left an opening for a friend of ours whom parent passed away recently to ask us about dinner.  It will be nice to catch up with DR.  Thank you for wanting this blog as part of your routine.  Some time back I thought of stopping the blog.  Did I have anything to share? Do my words matter? And then somewhere I realized through my confidence...that yes...my words matter.  My first "take" came this morning regarding finding "me" time and apologies.  It's been a good conversation.  As soon as I think one won't come in, later on in the afternoon I talk to another friend.  Sometimes , just about work so that they have someone that checks in with them.  It's important that people have someone to check in with them.  If you don't...imagine me checking in on you with my blog.  Isolation and hermit moments are important to recharge.  But it's always nice that someone will want to know...what's going on with you. How are you? I am just checking in on you.  Maybe today that might be something to do for just one person.  I just wanted to see how you were...What a nice thing.  Sometimes we change the world by one gesture at a time.  You never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment