Sunday, March 20, 2016

Nothing like before

Jeremy got called into work.  Usually he can help the person over the phone.  But when it's one of the big bosses and they are asking for  your husband's help...it makes you smile with a little pride.  Jeremy is really good at this job.  He is well liked and well knowledgeable in his field. But it's also nothing like before with another work that called constantly at 3 am in the morning....and I still worked full time at the time.   Last night was the first night to really feel any sense of normalcy.  I cooked in the kitchen.  I even had company over.  I had promised a birthday dinner.  I was going to give a birthday dinner! I am quite stubborn.  lol
So, just waiting...
But until then, cooking in the kitchen, I will. Gee...I sound like yoda there.

So here is my insanity.  It's nothing like before.  There is calm back.  There was tension.  And in fact, yesterday Jeremy and I could have been on the verge of a fight.  I felt our frustration from the situation and just general grumble from it all.  Like my bubbling from earlier this week, Jeremy was feeling his own bubbling too.  And that's okay.  Jeremy can't be 100% cool cucumber all the time.  However, we handled it well.  I presented my points.  He pointed out things.  I cried.  But I cried because we were in Unzen mode.  I got a little hurt from certain comments and addressed them with him.  By the end, we hugged and kissed and apologized to each other.  It was one of the first times I wasn't intimidated to address the issues of why we we'rent seeing eye to eye.  In the end, I was right....and wrong.  I owned up to it.  I took a step back and saw the big picture.  And in the end Jeremy was right...and wrong too. And he did too.  I could never get Jeremy to apologize in the past.  Jeremy apologizes now.  But I also approach things differently.  I step back and bring logic into the situation.  And with presentable arguments.

So here's the insanity.  I finally put the pictures on facebook.  I wanted to respect Jeremy's privacy if he didn't want them out.  He had no issue that they were on Facebook.  By extension, the same goes for Blog people.  Some of you are facebook friends with me, some of you are  not. First two are the right now pictures.    No ceiling but functional kitchen.  Good enough for me.  I called it "roughing it", Queen style.


Tada...





No comments:

Post a Comment