Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Confident


Pandora started acting up again so I went to my back up, Spotify.  Confident came on.  It's a great question.  What's wrong with being confident? Confidence has been an interesting journey for me.  I didn't have much of it in the past.  But over the past year, I found it through different sources.  And that's enough to make me dance.  I will admit that sometimes I find myself almost discrediting myself.  But the thing that helps me overcome that is helping other friends overcome that.  I don't want them to discredit themselves.  So whether through affirmations everyday or sometimes just making sure to compliment them on something I notice, confidence is created.  And if I don'twant them to discredit themselves, I learn not to discredit myself.  I'm a baddass, remember? Yes.  I actually spelled it out and instead of bleeping it.  It seems fitting today.  JEM is on.  Jeremy introduced me to her.  I do love when I get introduced to artists new to me.  Survivors is on from Selena Gomez.  I am partial to this song.....well because it's her. Jeremy's favorite song from her (He has a favorite of something!) is Love you like a Love Song. Mine is Hands to Myself.    lol Did you know Scarlet Johansson sang? That's another of  our partials.  I mean...Black Widow.  How could you not? Squirrel! Confidence...it's a beautiful thing.  But it's also hard to come by sometimes.  So it's wonderful to have those who understand how delicate confidence is and help you along.  Huh.  I have a playlist where I haven't heard some of my songs.  For you from Demi Lovato is on.  Hush.  Don't judge me. lol. I like all kinds of music.  Not my favorite song from her but I had never heard this song until now.  It's...interesting.  Gasoline from Halsey came on.  That's a beautiful crazy artist.  I saw one of her videos recently.  I like her style.  I digress.  Confidence.  Grow it well.  I don't expect it to come overnight.  Believe me...it took many years for me to have the confidence I have now.  But I deserve so much more.  And when I finally saw that, well...the world looked different.  I finally saw I deserved someone like Jeremy.  And that he is a lucky man for having me! Again, the world looks different now.  It's a beautiful world.  If I could feel colors, that's what it would feel like.  The beauty of it all is the feeling I get.  I could close my eyes and take in that beautiful essence.  So...maybe I will. Maybe I will close my eyes and take in the beautiful essence.  That beautiful essence includes a trip to the bookstore for book 4 of Harry Potter! Half Price has it in paperback.  It includes giving an affirmation to a friend right now.  We text during the day.  But it was the first time I had given her an affirmation.  And today I gave it to her.  That makes me happy.  Another affirmation I gave earlier today really resonated the feeling. The basic thought was Sometimes, in life, an original plan is set.  Then, life happens. Sometimes this is a good thing.  Sometimes it's not.  It's how you react to the ride of life.  Half glass half empty kind of essence to it.  And then, you find out what the real journey was about.  And somehow, it fell into place.  So today...find out your own journey.  Find your happy.  Whatever that is.  Hopefully, where you are you can smile because it's a nice day out. Where I am, it looks misty and drizzly but eh....
 But smile, nonetheless.  Because today is a beautiful essence kind of day.  To start it off...here's one of my favorite smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment