Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Those words


Those words.  It's okay to not be okay.  I said those words, at least twice yesterday.  One was just a conversation having with a friend about being out of sorts.  I was out of sorts because of some heartbreaking news I received.  Some time ago I used to have what I would call my own version of therapy dogs for me.  One moved away.  But it's not just her moving away.  I found out yesterday she has bone cancer.  I know her owner was crushed beyond belief.  I was feeling things myself.  I am in a better place that I don't need the therapy dogs as much.  And if need be, I know a friend who would be happy to let me spend time with her therapy dog.  Zeus is a service dog.  And strangely, I have therapy cats as well.  Although, those two look like Brody.  So it may be when I feel a need to pet a cat that looked like Brody, I see Leo or Loki. Then, I also said those words yesterday to a friend.  CC is still dealing with things Javier did.  While we have different stories, she too had to deal with surviving him, so to speak.  When someone has that much control over you, and you don't know anything beyond that...well it can mess with your head.  And for CC and I...at the time, Javier was what we knew.  I look back and knowing what I know now...I would have been able to think and react differently.  However, I am a different person.  I was 15-21 when I was with him.  She was with him for 17 years.  He's a character.  You look at him and you don't expect to see the monster.  He seems so...I don't know, charismatic.  But we discussed how much of a farce he puts on that you have to wonder...did we even get the real person?  With that many lies and deception running around, did we know the person? Or the version he wanted to project to us? It does make me think about when people lie and deceive.  That projection.  Do we really know a person when they aren't upfront? I had a lot of thoughts running through my mind yesterday.  Organizing is very therapeutic for me.  So, getting through those recipes did help me sort through all the thoughts running yesterday.  And then I found a stopping point.  And got inspired to color this.  Because those words...it's okay to not be okay.  You're not always going to be okay.  Even if you are attempting to have a positive outlook.  Life can weigh you down.  So this is me, attempting to put a little sunshine your way.  It's okay...to not be okay.  Whatever you might be dealing with right now, I won't know the exact problem...I can't even solve it for you.  That's for you. But maybe just being here...maybe just knowing it's okay to not be okay, and I am here might ease things.  Maybe, just maybe...that helps.  So here is my little contribution to your smile, hopefully.  Enjoy the art.

No comments:

Post a Comment