Monday, March 14, 2016

When life happens

I wrote a post but it wouldn't let me publish.  With pictures..and all.  Long story..kinda short. A pipe...to an old toilet  (since this condo is an older complex) to the kids' room exploded.  Exploded enough to have neighbors knocking on our door waking us up.  We had no idea.  It looked like a scene from a horror movie.  The kitchen ceiling is gone.  A patch from the dining room is too now.  They took patching from the hallway upstairs.  Dehumidifiers ...9 ..I think, 2 that are almost as tall as me, in here.  The house is turned upside down.  But in all this disaster, I have kept my cool.  I have moments of frustration.  But between a supportive husband and 2 amazing  best friends...I've yet to have the anxiety meltdown. Go me.  I appreciate that Jeremy shared he was stressed during the situation.  It was comforting.  But by his example of being cool as a cucumber...I stayed cool as a cucumber too.  Jeremy made a bizarre request I didn't think I'd ever hear..  Can you sweep water out of our kitchen.  It looked like a little flood in the kitchen.  There are always firsts you never quite figure you're going to do.  We make a great team.  He said that yesterday too.  It's not easy when life happens.  You get thrown some crazy curve balls.  That's life.  It's not always going to be a Zen garden...or calm...as much as I try for it to be.  And this was a good way to apply calm...even in the chaos.  This Wednesday is our Anniversary.  It is certainly going to be interesting.  Luckily, one way or another, friends have contributed in their beautiful way to make this transition easier.  Our home is insane.  I joked around that this was an anniversary present.  A remodel. How sweet, babe! You gotta keep a sense of humor in situations like this.  You know...Life happens.  In some ways, the reorganizing is going to be therapy for me.  So, there you have it.  House is insane.  But we're okay. In fact...we're more than okay.  We have each other.  And while that seems so cliche....when it counts...those words ring so true.  We have each other's back.  I won't let him feel this stress alone.  And he won't let me feel this stress alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment