Tuesday, March 29, 2016

What's in a day?


A lot can happen in day. really.  I thought about it yesterday as the day unfolded. Btw, Pandora works again.  It seems I wasn't the only one having problems with Pandora yesterday.  Open by Jim Brickman is on.  What can I say? I do like me some Jim Brickman, especially when blogging.  What's in a day? A friend of mine needed work on her back.  She also wanted to kidnap me for Spa day so she used that as a way to thank me and kidnap me.  At the same time, another friend texted about a little of an unpleasant experience.  But she also saw the support she got from said unpleasant experience.  So, while I didn't like the idea of them having to experience the unpleasant experience, I was almost glad it happened.  It showed them how dear they are to people, including myself.  We also had last minute dinner plans with a friend.  My spa day was amazing.  But I also remembered why I had stayed away.  That UV light is bothersome to me.  Not like...oh I don't like looking it.  More like...great...Blue light special, epileptic style.  And the way they had the light and rotation of drying was completely different from how "L" and I have ever experienced Manicures and or Pedicures.  This was our first one together but individually, we have never experienced it in that order or how that light was.  Then, we went to Barnes and Noble.  I had already checked on whether any of them carried the 4th book of Harry Potter.  Now, here's the thing I am still having to process.  And we had an in depth conversation about it.  I checked with Half Price and right now only one store has the book.  Why am I not jumping on it? Here's the thing. It's Half Price.  I could go to Barnes and Noble.  I could even get on Kindle.  But I like the "quest" of it all finding it at Half Price and for lower cost.  I'm not the Bargain Queen for nothing! It didn't have a dust jacket.  And so I actually feel slight repulsed that someone would do that to any book.  But you did it to Harry Potter.  I realize the series is so popular, it's the reason you could get away for selling the book but...really?! And then, Half Price.  They are selling it for $7.99.  Just out of giggles, "L" and I went to Barnes and Noble.  I hardly go to this Barnes and Noble.  We meant to go to the one I always go to but she needed to mail something so we ended up at another Barnes and Noble.  I smiled.  I wanted to sigh but my new way of things is just to smile. No sighs.  I had a good memory.  But now, in a nice redo...I was getting to have a new memory here.  We, of course went to the coloring book section.  But I am good in that department for a bit.  The turkey...she got me a Doctor Who coloring book too.  I got her a Harry Potter coloring book.  She's a big reason I kept on my Harry Potter journey.  We've had interesting conversations of the Philosophy of Harry Potter.  Could you imagine a college course on this?! There, all brand new...and with a jacket laid Book 4.  I am still on Book 2 so I am going to wait until I am closer to Book 4 to make a decision.  Maybe by then, Half Price will have a better answer for me.  If not, Barnes and Noble, here I come.  Normally, I am perfectly fine on having a Kindle version of a book.  But this time, I want the physical books.  I am not breaking the bank by getting the book.  But ever since the house fiasco, I don't really want to spend money.  It's how I get when that happens.  Plus, my battery.  Jeremy thinks I am cute for the way I am about it.  He leaves me alone about it.  I told him it will come in super handy when he's making the big bucks.  I am always the Bargain Queen.  It's just the way I am.  I even think I revel in finding something that looks like it costs a lot and smile when I get complimented on it.  Because I didn't pay as much.  My days at QVC made me bad about that.  Thanks to my discount and the QVC employee store...I refined my Bargain Queenness lol So...What's in a day? Plenty, it so happens.  I've learned that the good way, the bad way, and the Wait. What?! way.  It's all in a day. Get it?! Har har har.  We know I'm a dork.  You know you're smiling and chuckling a bit just from my dorkiness.  I've lost things in a day.  I've gained things in a day.  Dates...or days, however, you want to see it....there's a memory...there's a vault.  There's time spent with people you care about.  There's happiness.  There's pain. There's the human process.  Why did all this come to me? Some of it was for yesterday."L "and I figured out where we were on our friendship.  Only it took someone else to officially say it.  Some of it is from today.  I requested Jeremy be here for the final decisions on the house.  And he happily obliged.  Just like that.  So today is big.  And Some of it is tomorrow.  Tomorrows in general.  Like the day after tomorrow.    I remembered a birthday tomorrow.  I also remembered a death the day after tomorrow. What's in a day? History.  That's what's in a day.  Significance.  It's what you make of it.  So make it spectacular!

No comments:

Post a Comment