Friday, March 18, 2016

Attitudes


Attitudes are contagious. Are yours worth catching? ~Dennis and Wendy Mannering

Your attitude towards life... your attitude towards people....It makes a difference. 

I hope mine is.  I hope my attitude helps you along the way if you're having some issues too.  Maybe the fact I didn't blow up might help.  Don't get me wrong.  Blackmon Mooring had been stellar about their service.  Today, however, they were 45 minutes without a call.  I had to call when they were 20 minutes late.  I finally got a call with a half hearted apology.  I really wanted to blow up.  But...I didn't.  I wasn't in a rush anywhere.  I had a couple of errands to do.  But they aren't something that can't be done another day.  Today, however, is just a grumbly day.  Ughs.  My order just got cancelled because it was unavailable.  I'm telling you.  One of those days.  The cat is being a pain today too lol She was go exploring or at least not be holed up in the bedroom.  Everything irritates me right now.  This is a good time to just stay inside and read.  Or work on my story.  Or watch The Mentalist.  Oh well.  Venting to bffs and blogging actually helps.  Attitude is everything.  It's not easy to keep calm.  Honestly, I sometimes feel it would be nice to just blow up once in a while and get it out of my system.  But it's exhausting.  And stressful for me.  I find workarounds.  And this frustration is first world problems.  I know well enough not to people right now lol.  And that's good.  Not everyone has the luxury.  Jeremy is so amazing.  I can't even tell you what a great support he is.  Every day I will proclaim it to the world.  I am so overwhelmed at his support.  We went out to dinner yesterday for St. Patty's day with a friend.  But I needed something done.  I explained to "D" that I couldn't drive at night. I had been helping with an errand she was running.  And I called Jeremy to update him on where I was since we were doing dinner plans and such.  I still have to work on my approach on asking certain things.  I'm not always to the point.  But my want was taken care of.  I can't drive at night.  I have polarized glasses that seem to work rather well.  But I still would rather not be on the road.  I've always had supportive friends that have understood this issue I have.  So it's never been a problem.  It wasn't still.  One of these days an emergency or a reason to be on the road at night might come up but I'd rather be safe than sorry.  I'd rather not drive at night.  I am learning sometimes some situations can't be helped.  But if in any way I can change something myself of a situation...I will.  At the beginning of this blog entry I was grumbling.  Now....I feel much better.  Think of me from Phantom of the Opera is playing.  An attitude can make all the difference.  I tell you this so you don't think I run like a unicorn fairy with a smile on me ALL THE DAMN TIME.  That's unrealistic.  But I like the conversations Jeremy and I have on these things.  They are going to happen.  And it's nice when I see that Mr. Cool Cat himself is human...and shows it lol.  But we can have a different attitude about situations.  We have that power.  So...I glitter this.  And I glitter that.  And I hope you have a sparkling day, bloggers.  I will always thank you for coming in and reading.  I had to look up the other day where Cape Verde was the other day.  I had a reader from there.  You, my quiet spaces, are an interesting lot.  Most of you are from the US.  But I have following in Portugal and Poland that's in the two digits.  The locations change.  I've had France, Egypt, Algeria, Germany, just to name a few.  I can't imagine that I say anything monumental.  But I have had enough friends now dispute that fact on me.  Again...I guess it took being "kicked in the ovaries" to see it.  Perhaps an escape is sometimes needed by reading my blog.  Whatever the reason...I will never stop thanking you.  You have your reason for reading me.  You have a journey all on your own that you are trying to figure out.  And maybe my blog contributes to that.  Or maybe I am sheer entertainment.  I'm okay with that too.  If you're not laughing at me or with me...I'm not doing my job.  I still value people's feedback.  I guess I am just getting to a point in my life where I don't give as much a "sh*t about it.  I will try to never be rude about it.  That's me.  I will do my best to be cordial and civil.  I just don't care as much.  I go on my own path.   That sounded rude.  Oh well.  I don't want to end on what might sound like a sour note.  Have a sparkling day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment