Thursday, March 24, 2016

The risk


What a great conversation with Jeremy this morning.  Initially, I started going downstairs with Jeremy after he got ready for work for a different reason.  It was a sense of a redo.  But those talks took on a different life.  I bring my brown fluffy blanket down and cuddle up with him.  He'll play with my hair sometimes.  Today's conversation was about risk.  It was the idea that you don't know when you go into a relationship knowing that it will mesh or not.  I'll be honest.  As much as I was attractive to Jeremy, I wasn't sure a relationship could work.  We seemed so different.  Recently, I realized we weren't so different.  That was a bit of an eye opener.  So...risk...You never really know.  In some sense, I think it's a beautiful and romantic thing.  It means we give our all.  Every day, a couple chooses to stay.  Sometimes external factors happen.  Children are often a reason.  But in some cases, children aren't a reason or it's not enough reason to stay.  There is an odd sense of respect...even for those I can't understand how they make it work...for well, choosing every day.  Because in the end, one doesn't know the risk taken.  Except for the couple.  There is something to be said about learning in your life.  I appreciate having a support system that I can learn from.  Jeremy, especially, teaches me things.  Sometimes by our talks.  Sometimes by example.  Sometimes by ways that I would like to approach things differently.  It doesn't mean he's wrong.  It also doesn't meant I'm not right.  And that is a lesson I learned, finally.  The risk a couple invests in their relationship is important.  The question is also how much are you willing to risk for that person.  Since trust has become such a trigger for me over the years, it was important to me that I trusted Jeremy implicitly.  You risk when you trust those you love.  You risk betrayal.  But the beautiful thing about that is when you risk well...it comes back twice fold.  We took a risk on each other.  I'm glad we did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment