Friday, March 11, 2016

Unchained Melody


I was still looking for inspiration, so to speak.  And funny enough it came when I walked away from the computer and came back.  And there it was.  In Spanish guitar playing, Unchained Melody.  For many years I avoided that song.  Javier and I never really had an official song and this became it.  We danced it the first time in my room.  I used to have an antique stereo in my room.  I loved it.  And then, Jeremy and I got together.  And it was one of the first examples of a redo.  Jeremy was in a wedding party where the couple was getting married in Ohio.  So we drove to Ohio.  It was also our first road trip together.  And Unchained Melody came on.  And Jeremy held me tight. He understood what it meant to have this memory.  Pandora was just playing a Spanish guitar instrumtal. Estaban was playing it.  It's funny how bad triggers can also sometimes become other things.  They can trigger a happy memory.  Unchained melody reminds me of Jeremy now.  Granted, on the shelf in my mind, I understand the origin.  And with many memories that have a negative trigger, I remember the origin.  But Jeremy has always understood and supported redoing a memory.  It becomes an adventure.  It becomes a new opportunity for a memory for us.  Even the instrumental has a memory.  I had pandora playing while I was reading and he was studying.  He took a break and we listened to this song.  It was just a nice moment.  I'm grateful that my mind allows me to change the decision tree in my heart.  I'm grateful that I can reprogram myself to look at things and associate them with positive things.  It's been a coping mechanism for me for many years.  lol It's funny how triggers can also trigger other things.  I thought of an old nickname of mine.  Someone used to call me Sunshine.  Now, my friend calls everyone Sunshine.  But I was the original sunshine.  I digress.  I sometimes randomly think of friends that I haven't talked to and reach out because I just feel compelled to.  Perhaps today can be a day where a negative trigger becomes a positive.  I hope so.  You deserve positive memories.  Each and every one of you.  You deserve a little "sunshine" in your heart.  I've had various nicknames over the years. Sunshine, JAM, Small Fries, Beautiful, Sparklepuss, Little Goddess. My own nickname for myself is Queen Sparkles.  All these bring a smile to my face.  Because all these have positive memories. Like preserving in a vault.

No comments:

Post a Comment