Thursday, March 17, 2016

The next step


There was progress made! At least in my mind, there was progress. The guy was nice enough to be upfront and tell me on Tuesday that there was no point coming out on Wednesday.  In fact, he joked around...that would be their anniversary present to us.  We had enough going on.  We had the adjuster out yesterday to talk about repairs and renovations.  I like calling it the unexpected renovations.  So, today he came out again.  And he was able to remove 9 of the blowers.  Someone will come back later to remove the sheet rock from the kitchen to accelerate drying.  It's still very wet in that area.  And if they are going to get started on repairing they need that part dried.  They left the big dehumidifiers.  But a lot of the fans are gone.  It's still cold in here but again, I call it progress.  He's going to be back here tomorrow.  It gives me time to read the second book of Harry Potter.  Perhaps, I'll go looking for the 3rd book.  Yesterday was beautiful.  And humorous.  Jeremy hasn't been able to get a card so he had to get it yesterday morning.  It turned out he had gotten me that card in 2014.  I loved it.  I teased him about it.  He bemused that he has a particular taste! With everything going on, we were happy to have a normalcy about our anniversary.  We went to a Hawaiian restaurant for lunch.  It was amazing.  It was intimate.  It was...romantic.  We had a wonderful conversation with the owner.  The place is called Aloha Kitchen.  Small and simple looking place.  But it's absolutely wonderful.  And then, La Madeleine.  Jeremy dubbed it the Honeymoon destination tour.  And then, taking me to a bookstore for our anniversary.  How more perfect can that be? I even started my own Harry Potter collection.  That was an unexpected anniversary gift.  He joked around so were the renovations! A few stories I heard from people in the last couple days made the whole thing...irrelevant.  Whether it was the documentary...or meeting someone with a loved one with a tumor...or just other things this week I heard...one way or another....I didn't seem so anxious anymore.  Any bubbling went away.  Perspective will do that to you! You say the words it can always be worse...and then you hear the stories.  It's very humbling.  I do feel a little out of sorts in terms what to do with myself.  I have some areas I can organize.  But really, I can't start any organizing until the repairs happen.  Our furniture and anything on our wall in the dinning room is now resting on our couches in the living room.  Our dining table is propped up.  Luckily, with the blowers, any moisture that was on the chairs were dried up.  We didn't really lose much in terms of items.  One book was destroyed. I've already replaced it on Kindle.  So I wait.  And that's okay.  It makes for an interesting story to tell you.  How will the silly and sparkly housewife get herself into mayhem today? Kidding.  Some days I do have quite the adventures.  Some days are quite quiet.  I am quite okay with quiet.  For now, I'll just figure out each day.  I miss my kitchen.  It hasn't quite been ideal to make dinner in the kitchen.  Onto the next adventure...whatever that brings.  Something I felt so much yesterday as Jeremy and I were going through the day.  I can't imagine doing things with anybody else.  I am grateful for the partner I have by my side.  The last few months were a great way to figure out where our strength was in our marriage.  By showing everything...leaving nothing on the table...it's been a huge weight off my shoulders.  By him sharing more...it's been a huge weight off his shoulders.  It's funny.  I desperately wanted to hear how amazing and intelligent I am.  I desperately needed to hear that he thought I was the best thing to ever happen to him.  That not only was I beautiful to him, I was extraordinary.  I was intelligent.  I was amazing to him.  I'd been waiting 10 years to hear it other than cards.  And now, every day, I hear those words, naturally.  All I needed was the confidence.  All I needed was to tell him what I needed and wanted.  He thought those things all along.  He just didn't know I needed to hear it.  But I always think timing was key.  Sometimes events and or people have to be part of the journey on why your journey happens a certain way.  It's like life is a game of chess.  A move there. A play there is calculated to happen as is in order for the end result of checkmate.  So...I don't mind that it took 10 years.  It just makes it that more meaningful.  So thank you, Universe for my journey. However it was supposed to play out...it did.  I may not always like the outcome but intellectually, I understand that it happens because my journey needed a lesson learned.  Emotionally...well...most days I am happy with the outcomes.  Some days...maybe not.  But that's part of being human.  I see the awkward Yeti and laugh.  Brain and heart is something like me.  That my intellectual and emotional side wrestle on things is only part of the human process.  I can appreciate that lesson. So the next step...let's see.

No comments:

Post a Comment