Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The day after

Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be.  ~Sydney J. Harris

It was an interesting bustle of energy yesterday.  I was happy as I went to the poll myself that there was a continuous influx of people.  It's the day after.  And it is something to think about.  Do we have any shot of hope with any of the candidates? That is the question many analysts are asking.  The other one is politics are usual is not this particular election year.  Some politicians I like or tolerate better than others.  But that old saying an enemy of my enemy is my friend.  I recognized in some ways people might forge a union just to get one particular person out.  It was interesting to watch the different dynamics of politics.  I don't think I ever allowed or credited myself to see the different aspects of it.  I am opening my eyes and expanding my mind, simply to learn. But in doing so...I am discovering I had in me all this time.  I really was an intelligent woman.  That sounds odd to say.  How do you not know, Jess? Negative comments made often enough eventually seep through your psyche and you see that as "truth".  My mindset was processing that I was not of value.  Now that I have a support system that makes it their mission to point out my value, I see the value myself now.  An now that I am in a better space myself...I help others see it as well.  The quote is something to think about, especially in this particular election.  Why is someone that seems so off, so bullying, so...unqualified for such an important role actually getting a chance? Because so far, whatever we have chosen hasn't worked.  That's my guess.  It's one of those truths that looks like truth but really isn't.  It's a convenient truth.  It fits...therefore, it must be true.  And you hope people see beyond that.  In the meantime, the best I can do...is vote.  That way...at least I put my voice in.

No comments:

Post a Comment